Friday, October 30, 2009

A definition of life

What is life? Maybe it is a series of events during days and nights. Could it be tragedies that come and change the way you live. How about the happy and sad times. To be or not to be life, is the question. A compilation of events from your past. Maybe a road traveled until the end at last. How would you explain this gift of life? Could it be a time of joy or a time of pain? Maybe life is just what you make it. How you treat others. How you handle the good times and the bad. Whether you are happy or even sad.

When do you think that life begins? Does it begin from the time of conception, when you spend ten months inside the womb. Where every thought and word spoken by your mother will speak to your soul and this is words spoken and stories told. Maybe life begins after you are born, when the light of the world shines through, when all the sensations of life are brand new.

I thought my life began when I came into my own, when I was in charge of all that I've done. When I did as I chose, this is when I thought my life arose. Until one day when Christ came into my heart, now I believe that this is when my life had to start. Maybe my life did begin when I was born again with Christ, since everything has changed, even the way I handle life.

Maybe we should define life as what you make it, and how you handle it. How you approach every event and how you live throughout it's duration. What do you think? When do you think that your life began? Life can be defined as a collection of meaningful events within the duration of all the days that you live.

No comments:

Post a Comment